The M860 is a high performance microstepping Drive based on pure-sinusoidal current control technology. Owing to the above technology and the self-adjustment technology (self-adjust current control parameters) according to different motors, the driven motors can run with smaller noise, lower heating, smoother movement and have better performances at higher speed than most of the Drives in the markets. It is suitable for driving 2-phase and 4-phase hybrid stepping motors.
- High performance, cost-effective
- Supply voltage up to +72VDC
- Output current up to 7.2A
- Self-adjustment technology
- Pure-sinusoidal current control technology
- Pulse input frequency up to 300 KHz
- TTL compatible and optically isolated input
- Automatic idle-current reduction
- 16 selectable resolutions in decimal and binary, up to 51,200 steps/rev
- Suitable for 2-phase and 4-phase motors
- Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
- Short-voltage, over-voltage, over-current and short-circuit protection
- Pacakge comments: 1 x Leadshine M860 CNC Stepper Drive;
(if you need the manual, pls contact us. We will send it to you by E-mail.)
Suitable for a wide range of stepping motors, from NEMA size 17 to 43.
It can be used in various kinds of machines,such as X-Y tables,labeling machines, laser cutters, engraving machines,pick-place devices, and so on. Particularly adapt to the applications desired with low noise, low heating, high speed and high precision.
Connecting the Motor:
The M860 can drive any 2-pahse and 4-pahse hybrid stepping motors.
Connections to 4-lead Motors
4 lead motors are the least flexible but easiest to wire. Speed and torque will depend on winding inductance. In setting the Drive output current, multiply the specified phase current by 1.4 to determine the peak output current.
Connections to 6-lead Motors
Like 8 lead stepping motors, 6 lead motors have two configurations available for high speed or high torque operation. The higher speed configuration, or half coil, is so described because it uses one half of the motor?s inductor windings. The higher torque configuration, or full coil, uses the full windings of the phases.
Half Coil Configurations
As previously stated, the half coil configuration uses 50% of the motor phase windings. This gives lower inductance, hence, lower torque output. Like the parallel connection of 8 lead motor, the torque output will be more stable at higher speeds. This configuration is also referred to as half chopper. In setting the Drive output current multiply the specified per phase (or unipolar) current rating by 1.4 to determine the peak output current.
Full Coil Configurations:
The full coil configuration on a six lead motor should be used in applications where higher torque at lower speeds is desired. This configuration is also referred to as full copper. In full coil mode, the motors should be run at only 70% of their rated current to prevent over heating.
Connections to 8-lead Motors
8 lead motors offer a high degree of flexibility to the system designer in that they may be connected in series or parallel, thus satisfying a wide range of applications.
A series motor configuration would typically be used in applications where a higher torque at lower speeds is required. Because this configuration has the most inductance, the performance will start to degrade at higher speeds. In series mode, the motors should also be run at only 70% of their rated current to prevent over heating.
An 8 lead motor in a parallel configuration offers a more stable, but lower torque at lower speeds. But because of the lower inductance, there will be higher torque at higher speeds. Multiply the per phase (or unipolar) current rating by 1.96, or the bipolar current rating by 1.4, to determine the peak output current.
Power Supply Selection:
The M860 can match medium and small size stepping motors (from NEMA frame size 17 to 43)
made by Leadshine or other motor manufactures around the world. To achieve good driving performances, it is important to select supply voltage and output current properly. Generally speaking, supply voltage determines the high speed performance of the motor, while output current determines the output torque of the driven motor (particularly at lower speed). Higher supply voltage will allow higher motor speed to be achieved, at the price of more noise and heating. If the motion speed requirement is low, it?s better to use lower supply voltage to decrease noise, heating and improve reliability.
Note: MEANWELL DRP-480S-48 (48VDC, 480Watt power supply) must be selected in order to make the whole system comply with UL standards for safety.
Selecting Microstep Resolution and Drive Output Current:
This Drive uses an 8-bit DIP switch to set microstep resolution, and motor operating current, as
- In order to improve anti-interference performance of the Drive, it is recommended to use twisted pair shield cable.
- To prevent noise incurred in PUL/DIR signal, pulse/direction signal wires and motor wires should not be tied up together. It is better to separate them by at least 10 cm, otherwise the disturbing signals generated by motor will easily disturb pulse direction signals, causing motor position error, system instability and other failures.
- If a power supply serves several Drives, separately connecting the Drives is recommended instead of daisy-chaining.
- It is prohibited to pull and plug connector P2 while the Drive is powered ON, because there is high current flowing through motor coils (even when motor is at standstill). Pulling or plugging connector P2 with power on will cause extremely high back-EMF voltage surge, which may damage the Drive.
M860 CNC Stepper Drive Controller 2.0A-6A 24-80VDC for X-Y tables Laser cutters Engraving Machines New Leadshine
- Brand: LOLLETTE
- Product Code: M860
- Availability: In Stock